An Orthodox Church in Baku
In the shape of a basilica, the Church was built in 1896 and funded by donations. In the Soviet era, the Church was closed and used as an army barracks. It was restored in 2007 as part of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation’s Azerbaijan – Home of Tolerance project. The Church’s suspended ceiling was replaced with decorative glass, and the facade was changed.